The Sharepoint block allows you to create folders and upload files to your Sharepoint document library directly from your Checkbox application. With this block, you can easily manage your Sharepoint files without the need for any coding.
Setting up your Sharepoint integration
- Click on your name and select the ‘Account Settings’ menu item.
- Click on ‘Integrations’ in the left sidebar.
- Click on the Sharepoint card to bring up the configuration settings.
- Click on the ‘Add account’ button.
- A new window will pop up, prompting you to log into your Microsoft account or to “Allow” Checkbox access
- Once this is complete, you will be redirected back to Checkbox and your Sharepoint integration is now setup.
Admin Account Requirement Error
In some cases, a “Need Admin Approval” error may occur when a regular user attempts to setup the Checkbox <> Sharepoint integration.
The error is caused by User permission settings in corporate MS Azure Active Directory; specifically, the option “User can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf” is set to “No”, along with its derivative setting for accessing the groups’ data.
These settings can be found in All services -> Enterprise applications -> User settings in MS Azure Active Directory.
There are 3 methods to solve this error:
Method 1: Granting admin consent for Checkbox via MS Azure AD
- Log in to MS Azure AD https://portal.azure.com with Admin credentials
- Go to Enterprise Applications
- Select All Applications
- Type “Checkbox” in the search field to find the App and select it
- Open the Permissions tab and click Grant Admin consent for [CompanyName]
- After this, individual users should be able to setup Checkbox <> Sharepoint integration
Method 2: Admin setup first Checkbox <> Sharepoint integration
- Invite the Office 365 Admin to Checkbox
- Go to Account Settings > Integrations in Checkbox
- Setup the Sharepoint integration
- In the following “Permissions Requested” dialog window: select the checkbox Consent on behalf of your organization and click Accept
- Once the Office 365 Admin has setup a Checkbox <> Sharepoint integration, individual users should then be able to setup Checkbox <> Sharepoint integrations as well.
Method 3: Allow the users to register consent for Apps on their own.
- Log in to Azure AD using Admin credentials
- Go to Enterprise applications -> User settings
- Switch the setting “User can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf” to Yes
The Create Folder function allows you to create a new folder in your Sharepoint document library. To use this function, simply specify the name of the new folder, and the path to the location where you want to create it.
Upload File to Folder
The Upload File to Folder function allows you to upload a file to a specified folder in your Sharepoint document library. To use this function, simply specify the name of the file you want to upload, the path to the folder where you want to upload it, and the file itself.
Here are a few examples of how you can use the Sharepoint block:
- Automate document management - For example, you can use the Create Folder function to create a new folder for each new project or assessment, and the Upload File to Folder function to automatically upload relevant files to their respective folders.
- Streamline HR processes - You can use the Sharepoint block to streamline HR processes such as employee onboarding. For instance, you can use the Create Folder function to create a new folder for each new employee, and the Upload File to Folder function to upload relevant documents such as contracts, agreements, and certificates to the employee's folder.
If you have any questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team.