Important: Note that Checkbox's Slack integration is only available through the AI Assistant feature. For more information please reach out to your customer success manager.
Checkbox's Slack integration allows you to leverage A.I. to answer end user's questions, or triage to existing Checkbox Apps through the Slack messaging interface.
Note: Each Slack thread corresponds to a conversation in the A.I. Assistant.
Create your Slack App
- (Pre-requisite) Create, or navigate to, your AI Assistant.
- On the left hand side, click on "Integrations.
- On Slack Apps page create a new app. Select "from app manifest".
- Select the workspace you want to publish your app to.
- In Checkbox, copy your App Manifest.
- In Slack's app setup and paste in your copied App Manifest. Click "Next".
- On Slack App details page, go to
Features > Event Subscriptionsand verify the event link. Save the changes.
- Next, on the left side, go to
Features > OAuth & Permissionand click on
Install to Workspacebutton.
- Follow the prompt to authorize the app > copy the generated
Bot User OAuth Tokenand paste it in Checkbox's Slack Integration
Bot User OAuth Tokenfield
Next, in Slack, go to
Settings > Basic Informationand scroll down to the
App Credentialssection and copy the
Verification Token. Paste it in the Checkbox Slack Integration
App Verification Tokenfield
- Next, in Slack, go to
Features > App Home> scroll down until
Show Tabssection > make sure the checkbox is ticked
In Checkbox's Slack Integration side bar > click
Saveto save the tokens
- Open up your Slack app. On the left, click "Add App" and search for the name of your Slack App. Add that App to your Slack workspace.
- You've now enabled Slack integration to your AI Assistant! You may now message with this App directly in the messages section.