What does the EMAIL block do?
EMAIL blocks send automatic email notifications to specific stakeholders with the option to include Transcripts and Reports. Both the email subject and body can be customised with static text and variables.
How to configure the EMAIL block
- Drag in an EMAIL block and click onto "OPEN EMAIL BUILDER"
- Add the contact email you wish to send the automated email to.
- If the contact email is fixed, simply write the email address in static text. This option is especially useful for emails to general contacts for enquiries or support (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If the contact email is required to be dynamic based on the end user responses, you can reference the variable holding an email address.
- If the contact email needs to be sent to the end user running the Assessment, you can reference the meta variable [[current_user_email]]
- Add the email subject and body
- Variables can also be referenced in the email subject and body to display dynamic values according to the end-user’s input. For example, their name can be added to the email body for full customisation. Additionally, the meta variables can also be referenced in emails. See the list of metavariables available for use in email blocks.
- The use of variable conditions cannot be used inside the Email block. Learn more about conditions and where you can use them.
- [Optional] Attach transcripts to the email by checking the box "Attach Transcript"
[Optional] Add in the meta variable [[transcript_link]] to embed a link to view the transcript in the email. end-users will receive a link to view the transcript and report on Checkbox.
- A Transcript block does not need to be present before the email block but to maximise user experience, we recommend adding a Transcript block to give end-users the option to review and edit their answers before sending the automated email.
- All Transcripts will be attached to an automated email as a .PDF file.
- While on the transcript page, they can also download any uploaded files by clicking on the relevant attachment icon
Limitation for transcripts:
- URL and mailto links will not be linked to texts in the downloaded transcript file. For example, “Link to Checkbox Website” in the transcript will be generated and displayed as a static text “Link to Checkbox Website”
- [Optional] Attach a report to the email by checking the box "Attach Reports" and select the report to attach from the drop-down that appears when the box is checked.
- Unlike transcripts, reports must be generated using the DOC GEN block before it is available for attachment to the email. The file type of the report is determined by the output format of the report configured form the DOC GEN block.
- Multiple Reports can be attached to the automated email by selecting the Report File Name of the relevant reports. The multiple Reports attached to the automated email will be sent in a .zip file. If only a single Report is attached to the automated email, it will be sent without being compressed into a .zip file.
This is the sample email of the example in the above screenshot.