Premium Checkbox Feature
This feature is only available for customers who have access to Premium features. Please get in touch with your customer success manager if you have any enquiries
Widgets are user interface components that allow users to interface with the data collected in Apps in some way. Typically this is a data visualisation or report, but also include ways for end users to start Apps as well.
More details on the different types of widgets can be found in the corresponding articles here:
Widgets can be created directly from the Dashboard interface when configuring a Dashboard.
Important Note: To configure Widgets within Solutions, you must be a Solution Owner or Author of the Solution. To configure a Widget inside Teams, you must be a Team Owner of the Project Team.
There are 3 main areas to consider when configuring Widgets, some of which may or may not be present depending on the type of widget. These sections are
- Date Range
Note: "Columns" are used for list view Widgets while "Visualisation" is used in bar, line and pie charts.
In the Column/Visualisation component of the Widget, you will add the different variables you wish to display in your Widget:
- In a list view Widget, you can add up to as many variables as you wish where one variable equals to one column.
- In bar and line charts, you can only add up to 2 dimensions (i.e. the x-axis and y-axis)
- In a pie chart, you can only add up to 1 dimension
In the Visualisation component (i.e. for bar, line and pie charts) you are can also define how the results should be calculated and sorted.
The measure dimension is used so you can define how the result should be calculated. You can select:
- 'Count' as an measure option (default)
- This will simply display the number of records that match the variable added as a dimension in the visualisation
- If the variable accepts multiple values (e.g. drop-down options), the record will be counted once for each value
- An exposed variable as an option
- Only Numbers, Sliders, and number-type COMPs will be available to be used
- Once a variable with one of the above variable types have been selected, you can choose between the following and manipulate the results of the data that will be displayed to the end user.
For bar and line charts you can sort the data by ascending or descending order in the "Sort" section of the Visualisation component.
Note: The sorting will only be applied to the primary dimension (i.e. the first variable or the x-axis).
2. Date Range
Date Range is a component that is also a filter specifically for date meta-variables and exposed date variables. The date range options include:
- "All time" - displays data for all dates
- "Custom date range" - displays data for a specified custom date range based on date variables
You can additionally filter the data shown within your widget using meta-variables and/or exposed variables.
For example, if:
- Your App has a ‘Task_Number’ variable inside of it; and
- You set the filter condition Task_Number > 10 in the Widgets page
Data from any assessments in which a number less than 10 was provided for the Task_Number field will not be included in the list view widget. Click here to read the syntax rules for conditions.
Data permission priority
The data shown within widgets depends on the user's permission level as well, with the more restrictive rule taking effect.
For example, if a user can view a Widget that is configured to show all the Assessments for an App, but only has 'View own assessments' permission for that App, the user will only be able to see assessments to which they are assigned.