When testing an App in Preview, a general 'Could not retrieve next page' error message appears if a part of the App is misconfigured.
Figure 1: General error message for Checkbox apps
The specific error behind each general error message can be identified through the Network tab in Google Chrome's developer interface.
To identify specific causes of App errors:
- Right click on your web page, then select Inspect.
Figure 2: Location of Inspect on right click menu
- Click Network in the developer interface taskbar.
Figure 3: Location of Network on developer interface taskbar
- Open the page where the error takes place in Preview and click next to execute the error. Content will then appear in the Network tab of the developer interface.
Figure 4: The page in this example where, if Next is clicked, an error is encountered.
- In the Network tab, click on the line highlighted in red that appears. A line of code will then appear on the right.
Figure 5: The relevant entry in the Network tab is highlighted in red
- In the line of code, scroll right until you can see the description of the specific error.
Figure 6: The location of the specific error description in the Network tab