When should you export and import Apps?
Exporting and importing Apps can be thought of as duplicating Apps. A common use case includes when there are similar Apps that need to be created based on an existing App. This allows you to not have to create the App from scratch and begin with a template.
How to export an App
Important Note: Solution export codes can only be used to create Solutions. App export codes can only be used to create Apps within Solutions.
- Navigate to the Solution which holds the App you wish to export
- On the left panel, click onto the App you wish to export to open the App details page
- Click the "Export" button in the action menu to create a JSON export file
Note: Export files are single-use (i.e. once the export is used to import the App, the export code will no longer work another time).
- Confirm that you wish to export the App and download the JSON file.
- To import the App, follow the next set of steps
How to import an App
Note: To import an app, you need to have a working export code (shown above).
- Navigate to the Solution which you want to import your exported App
- On the left panel, click onto the "+" icon next to the "Apps" heading
- In the pop up that appears, select the "Import via File" tab and upload the JSON file exported earlier
- Click "Import File" to complete the import
- You will be taken to the individual page for that App. This file has now been consumed and cannot be used again.