Premium Checkbox Feature
Usage of the Database premium feature set requires account access to be granted. Please contact your Checkbox Customer Success Manager for more details.
- Existing customers with premium features enabled will automatically receive Databases. For customers wanting access to Databases, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Database is an entity on Checkbox that stores data and acts as a single source of truth. Using a DATABASE block, Databases can allow Apps to read and write from a shared data source.
2. DATABASE block
The DATABASE block is a new backend block that allows Databases to be connected to the App to let data to flow to and from Apps and Databases. Authors can configure the block to either create, update or retrieve data from a connected Database during end-user run-time.
--Post-beta release updates for Databases for Checkbox v1.29--
3. Production and test data toggle
You can now toggle between production and test data in your Database. Any data created, retrieved, or updated from Preview in the App Studio will now only interact with test data and will not affect live production data. Live production data will only be interacted with during live Assessments.
- Any changes in the Database design (e.g. adding/removing Database fields (or columns)) will persist in both production and test data views
- Only the user with the "Manage all Databases" account-level permission and/or "Manage" permission on a Database-specific can toggle between production and test data views. Test data will not be shown to users outside of these permissions
- By default, the production data view will be shown to users
4. Filter Database entries
Database entries can now be filtered based on Database fields. Filtering by file upload fields are not supported.
5. Export data from Databases
Data stored in the Database can now be exported into a CSV file. If Database entries have been filtered, only the filtered data will be exported into a CSV file.