Why use the VIEW DOC block?
The VIEW DOC block displays a report and/or allows the end user to download the report that was previously generated by a DOC GEN block. This helps end users to review their generated document and make any amendments to their responses in the Assessment before submitting for completion.
If the document was generated via the Document Builder, the report will be shown on this VIEW DOC landing page. However, if the document generated was an uploaded rich style document template, the end user must download it to view the document.
How to customise the VIEW DOC block
- Drag in the VIEW DOC Block into the Studio
Note: The VIEW DOC block can be placed anywhere after the DOC GEN block. However, it is best practice to connect the VIEW DOC block right after the DOC GEN block for review purposes.
- Using the textbox in the Property Editor, customise the message that will appear on top of the page where the end user can view and/or download the document. This is helpful in giving end users more guidance.
Note: By default, the message at the top of the page will be "Please review & download your document below".
- Using the dropdown, select the report generated through a previous DOC GEN block
This message and report will be displayed and downloadable to the user when they reach this page.
- If the document was generated via the Document Builder, the report will be shown on this page. However, if the document generated was an uploaded rich style document template, the end user must download it to view the document.
- If undergoing a private assessment, the document will only be able to be accessed by users who are logged into Checkbox. PDF documents generated in public assessments will still be able to be accessed through a public URL.