What types of App can you create in Checkbox?
In Checkbox, users can create either a Flow App or Data App.
- Flow Apps are workflows that automate forms, decisioning, documents and approvals.
- Data Apps are systems of record that enable the storage, retrieval, and update of data using a single form.
What is the relationship between the Flow App and Data App?
A Flow App can look up and retrieve end user data from a Data App that resides within the same Solution by using the Lookup field of a FORM block.
A common use case is the pre-filling of employee data that is stored in a Data App and then retrieved to fill in a form inside a Flow App.
Learn more about the Lookup field.
How to create an App
Note: When a Solution is created, a flow App will automatically be created with the Solution. Follow the next set of instructions if you wish to add more Apps to a Solution. To create multiple Apps in a Solution, you must have a premium feature licence. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
- Navigate to the Solution you wish to create an App in
- On the left panel, click onto the "+" icon next the "Apps" heading to create a new App
- Select whether you want to create a Flow App or Data App and enter the App name and description
- Click on "CREATE APP"
Alternatively, you can also create an App by exporting and importing another App. Learn more about exporting and importing an App.