When should you export and import Apps?
Exporting and importing Apps can be thought of as duplicating Apps. A common use case includes when there are similar Apps that need to be created based on an existing App. This allows you to not have to create the App from scratch and begin with a template.
How to export an App
Important Note: Solution export codes can only be used to create Solutions. App export codes can only be used to create Apps within Solutions. Solution and App export codes are differentiated with the prefix "SOLUTION-" and "APP-" respectively.
- Navigate to the Solution which holds the App you wish to export
- On the left panel, click onto the App you wish to export to open the App details page
- Click the "Export" button to generate a single-use export code
Note: Export codes are single-use (i.e. once the export is used to import the App, the export code will no longer work another time).
- Copy the export code to your clipboard
- To import the App, follow the next set of steps
How to import an App
Note: To import an app, you need to have a working export code (shown above).
- Navigate to the Solution which you want to import your exported App
- On the left panel, click onto the "+" icon next to the "Apps" heading
- In the popup, click on the "Import App" tab
- Paste your copied export code and confirm creation