What is the START block?
The START block is the first block that appears in the App Studio by default. It acts as the first page your end user sees at the beginning of an App to display instructions and guidance for moving. All Apps MUST start with a START block.
What are the Unique Features of the START block?
- START blocks cannot be deleted
- START blocks can have arrows branch from it, but cannot have arrows connect to it
What are the common instructions or guidance included in the START block?
Common instructions and guidance typically include (but not limited to):
- Brief description of App
- Specific instructions (workflow, e-sign etc)
- Estimated time to complete App
See example below:
How to customise your Start block
- In the App Studio, click onto the START block to open the Property Editor (right panel)
- Add a Header for the START block
Note: It is best practice to use the App name here. See screenshot below
- Add text inside the textbox (i.e. rich text editor) and format accordingly.
Formatting features include:
- Typographical emphasis (Bold, italics, underline)
- Font size
- Bullet and number lists
- Text alignment
- Hyperlinking (URLs and mailto links)
Note: If the textbox is too small, you can expand it by clicking onto the expand icon
When expanded, the textbox will appear as follows: